CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"The end of learning is to repair the ruin of our first parents by regaining to know God aright, and out of that knowledge, to love Him, to imitate Him, to be like Him." - John Milton, Puritan Poet

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I Am Saddened By This

Yes, we went to the big homeschool convention in the South East and had a blast.  We just love going to these things.  Not only do we get to shop for more curriculum, books, dvds, games, and the like, we also get to hear some encouraging seminars by those who have gone before us, and who are still on the path.  We had a great time!  And to tell the truth, we spent a lot of money!!  I LOVE books, my dh loves books, my kids love books.  So you can guess that we bought a lot of books!!  Among other things...

So, what is it that saddens me so?  Well, (with a big sigh), I am so sad to find out that Ken Ham and Answers in Genesis has been kicked out of these conventions!!!  WHY? 

For being bold enough to speak TRUTH!!  Believe it or not, in a "Christian" homeschool convention, he is accused of being non-christian, among other things!!  To get the full report on this ridiculous account, you can read about it here

I am so sick about this.  I am so sick of the Church willingly falling into the same old trap of the enemy!  I can say this because myself, and my family, fell into it.  The compromise trap.  Yes, we were deceived by our enemy, but because the TRUTH of the origins of the earth and creation and the age of the earth is NOT preached from the pulpit!!!!!!!  And by the grace of God, we learned of our errors, which in reality is SIN!  Then we repented of our sin, and decided to actually believe the Bible for what it says.  For what Jesus says in HIS Word.  I will be posting more on this later...

Any way, I am declaring that I am a young earth creationist, Bible believing Christian!  But why does that even matter?  Well, I will be posting about that, too.  Since so many Christians just don't seem to get it.  I realize that this may sound harsh, but so be it.  Truth can be hard to swallow.  I know it is for me sometimes.
 
So, I will leave you with this to ponder...  If your child was in the middle of a pool drowning, would you jump in and save them?  Or would you just stand there and yell to them, "Well, I thought you learned how to swim.  You better try to learn now, on your own, because I've got better things to do." 

I think we all know the answer.

And by the way, my dh got a picture with Ken Ham.  Without me!  What a shame.  Maybe next time, when we go back to the Creation Museum!!!

More to come...

3 comments:

  1. I too find all of this very disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Shellie!! I have been reading up on this very subject lately. A homeschooling friend of mine is so harshly against Ken Ham. I may not totally agree with everything he says, BUT the Bible is very clear and like you, I am a young earth creationist, Bible Believing Christian! I have been brewing for a few days about this very topic. Here are my thoughts about creation:

    IF creation didn't happen like it's written in Genesis, then Exodus 20:11a is also a lie "For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day:" To me it's that clear.

    I just don't understand how Christians can believe God made the "big bang" and all the "chance" that would have to happen for everything to be as it is. Weaving lies of the world in with the Truth . . .it's such a dangerous thing.

    It is sad that they've kicked him out of homeschool conventions. Makes no sense to me, but a lot in this world doesn't make sense anymore. I'm thankful God knows what is going on! :)

    I should just make this a blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, I agree with you. If Genesis 1:1 is somehow wrong, then the rest of the Bible is wrong. If God lied in the beginning, then the rest of the Bible is a lie! And THAT is the root of this whole "debate"! The Truth and authority of God's Word, and God as THE ULTIMATE AUTHORITY!! And yes, none of this surprises Him, thankfully.

    Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete